Monday, January 7, 2008

I Quit Smoking - Day Two


So it's day number two of my new title - "Non Smoker". 85-90% of the time I'm doing pretty well. Pretty well, indeed. The time that makes up the remaining 10-15% is pretty wicked.

I feel like I'm being annoying, because it seems like I can't stop talking about it. I originally said that I wasn't going to tell a lot of people. This was to avoid them all asking me how I'm doing every 5 minutes. Well, it was one of the first things that I have told anyone that I've seen since I started quitting. And then, they wouldn't have to ask me how I'm doing, because I give regular updates to everyone I'm around. Maybe I'm exaggerating, it's probably not that bad. It's definitely always on my mind though.

I went to the Nicoderm CQ website to see what kind of "helpful hints" they could provide. One of the pages is focused on 'trigger detectors'. These are things that have become an integral part of my smoking habit. The times that have nothing to do with the amount of nicotine in my system, just the fact that I always smoke during these particular times. There are 27 triggers listed on this website, and my habits revolved around 22 of them. Holy crap! What have I gotten myself into? Yikes...

1 comment:

Pretty Mimosa said...

Hi Bean,

I'm a non-smoker. But I know kicking off smoking habbit isn't that easy. A little bit more endurance and perseverance and you will get there!

I'm happy for you as today is your 12th non-smoking day!

Google